Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Lions and Tigers and....well just Lions...Oh My!


The day I stood on top of the Ngorongoro crater, I cried. I could hardly believe God's goodness to me. I have been all around the world. I have seen so many amazing things. Really I have. But who would have ever thought I would be staring down into a vast African plain where wild is really wild? Where people and lions co-exist and beauty is seen in the ruggedness of life. I cannot get this out of my heart.

These two lions were mating. We sat for almost an hour watching them from just feet away. Even in watching their behavior, I saw the simple thread of constancy that runs through all of life, the similarity of all species....the similarities between lion and man. It made me feel like I was part of something grand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment